- Director Stephen Sommers defends Paramount’s position in not showing “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” to critics, calling the movie “critic proof.”
- Find out more about how director James Cameron and 20th Century Fox are trying to build buzz and an audience for “Avatar.”
- Renting DVDs from the popular Red Box kiosks is growing.
Mike’s Movie Minute: “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”
Movie Talk: If Louis Letterrier had his way, the summer of 2011 would the “Summer of the Avengers.”
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with new clips about robots. Email your clips to Kurt at email@example.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Seth McFarlane talks about the work to recreate “The Empire Strikes Back” for this year’s “Family Guy: Star Wars” special.
Interview: This week, we feature a conversation with “Warehouse 13” star Eddie McClintock.
In the Future:
- Director Zac Snyder is putting his actresses through a sort of boot camp for the upcoming “Sucker Punch.”
- Don Cheadle talks about War Machine’s role in the upcoming “Iron Man 2.”
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: How To Grow Your Geek
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.