For fifty couples, the weekend of November 23 will be filled with celebrations. On Saturday, the couples can watch the anniversary special of Doctor Who and the next day they can tie the knot with a Doctor Who themed mass wedding.
WhovianWedding.com is planning to celebrate fifty years of Doctor Who with fifty couples who will exchange their vows in a mass wedding. According to Geekosystem, the wedding will run couples £1,900 (around $3,050) to participate in the ceremony. This mass wedding is being put on by Special Events Group Limited and is currently looking for couples who want to tie the knot on the anniversary weekend.
According to the site, this is what couples can expect for their investment:
- Limousine to and from Hotel
- Commemorative rings especially designed for the occasion.
- A bottle of champagne with specially printed labels to highlight the couple getting married on the anniversary of Doctor Who.
- A framed photograph of the couple.
- Customised Wedding Cake to fit the theme.
- An after party with lots of Doctor Who characters mingling.
- There will also be 7 competitions taking place throughout the events with prizes.
Registration for the event ends October 15th and couples who want to participate can do so by making a £100 deposit through PayPal.
Fans who want to wish the fifty couples a long and happy life and attend the celebration can sign for the party for a mere £10.