• Home
  • Podcast
    • Specials
  • Interviews
  • Movie Reviews
  • TV Reviews
  • DVD Reviews
  • Columns
  • News
    • TV News
    • Film News
    • DVD News
    • Comics News
    • Online Entertainment News
    • Music News
    • Book News
    • Space News

Slice of SciFi

This is How We Geek Out: Interviews, Reviews & More

  • Writers, After Dark
  • The Babylon Podcast
  • Slice of SciFi TV
  • Charlie Jade Verse
  • Contact Us
    • About Us

“Resident Evil: Afterlife” Begins Production

September 30, 2009 By Mike Hickerson 6 Comments

In what could be the last installment in the franchise with actress Milla Jovovich in the lead, filming on “Resident Evil: Afterlife” began this week in Toronto.

The film will be the first in the series to be filmed in 3-D, according to reports.

“The Resident Evil franchise has successfully entertained audiences around the globe and we are pleased to bring yet another installment to fans with the same creative team, but this time in 3-D,” Screen Gems’ President Clint Culpepper said.

The film sees the return of Jovovich as well as actress Ali Larter. In addition, “Prison Break”‘s Wentworth Miller is joining the cast.

“Resident Evil: Afterlife” is expected to hit U.S. theatres August 27, 2010.

Filed Under: Film News Tagged With: Resident Evil

Related Posts

Everything I Need to Know about the Zombie Apocalypse I Learned from “Resident Evil”
“Resident Evil” Set Accident Sends Zombie Extras to Hospital
Jovavich Back for “Resident Evil 5”

Comments

  1. Michael Mennenga says

    September 30, 2009 at 10:15 pm

    Milla…. In 3D…. Brain Conflict…. Consuming me….
    Must hate…. 3D…. Movies, but Milla…. 3D…… AHHHHH….!!!!

    Reply
  2. Arkle says

    September 30, 2009 at 10:49 pm

    I hope it’s more fun than Extinction. The first one and Apocalypse were not great movies but dammit they were FUN! Extinction lacked a lot of that.

    Reply
  3. Caly says

    September 30, 2009 at 11:55 pm

    I loathe, loathe, loathe 3D. However, I’m glad we’re getting this movie. And I’ll still see it.

    Reply
  4. Dave in NY says

    October 1, 2009 at 7:29 pm

    I’ll see it because of the franchise. I enjoyed the first and second. The third was the weakest of the series so far, hopefully they can end the series with a bang!

    Reply
  5. Kurt in St. George says

    October 2, 2009 at 10:04 am

    I agree with Arkle, the first two movies; while not great, were entertaining, while the third was something of a dud.

    I don’t care if this movie is in 3D, what I am thinking is that when number three in a series falls flat, it is usually a good bet that the fourth will be just as bad or worse.

    I’m not going to see this unless I hear it improves considerably on the third movie.

    Reply
  6. Zergonapal says

    October 2, 2009 at 6:23 pm

    I can’t quite agree with you there. While Aliens 4 was by no means an Aliens it was better than Aliens 3.
    AvP2 was better than AvP (this is counting Predator 1 and 2 as the predecessors).
    Anyway, my advice? Brace for impact. As far as we are concerned its a win/win situation. If its good we will be pleasantly surprised, if its bad then we can say “I told you so” in Borg like unison.

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Search in posts

Slice

Follow Slice of SciFi

  • bluesky
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • facebook

Listen to Slice of SciFi

  • iheartradio
  • pocketcasts
  • playerfm

Subscribe to Podcast

Apple PodcastsSpotifyiHeartRadioPodchaserPodcast IndexTuneInRSS

  • Movie & TV Reviews

Recent Comments

  • Curt Myers on 4K Review: “Dogma” 25th Anniversary Special Edition brings a lost classic home again: “The best the movie has looked. It’s dialogue heavy so the Atmos track is rarely used. When it comes in…”
  • Summer Brooks on “FATE: The Winx Saga” writer Olivia Cuartero-Briggs talks adapting properties: “I requested it. I always get a little curious when TV shows or films get abandoned or canceled then continue…”
  • anh on “FATE: The Winx Saga” writer Olivia Cuartero-Briggs talks adapting properties: “Great interview! And it’s good that it clarifies some things. But this interview…. was it requested by the publisher or…”
  • Luis on Reviewing “Return to Sender”: “Benny was a f*ck-ass dog that attacked her for no reason at all. Miranda may be a killer but she…”
  • Summer Brooks on “FATE: The Winx Saga” writer Olivia Cuartero-Briggs talks adapting properties: “The promotional material I’d received wasn’t clear enough on that for me, alas. I’d always thought Winx Fate was a…”
Neil deGrasse Tyson Bill Nye

Slice of SciFi
415 Pisgah Church Rd #302
Greensboro NC 27455-2590
602-635-6976

Artwork:
Slice of SciFi galaxy spiral designed by Tim Callender

Theme Music:
Slice of SciFi music and themes
courtesy of Sci-Fried

Sister Sites:
Writers, After Dark
The Babylon Podcast
Charlie Jade Verse
Slice of SciFi TV

Slice

Copyright Slice of SciFi © 2005–2026 · WordPress · Log in