In the News:
- SciFi to SciFact: Scientists in Stockholm use virtual reality goggles to create the illusion of body-swapping.
- “Superman: Secret Origin” will explore Clark Kent growing up to become the Man of Steel
- Free broadband?!? It could happen. It depends on the outcome of an FCC vote on December 18th.
Krazy Joe’s Punch in the Junk: Joe hands out the first punch in the junk to a television network for canceling “Pushing Daisies”
- J. Michael Straczynski says his version of “Forbidden Planet” isn’t necessarily a remake or a sequel.
- “The Witches” is getting remade–this time as a stop-motion animated film.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at sliceoftrivia at gmail.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Last spring, television executives purchased new series based on the pitch and concept and without a finished pilot.Â While heralded as revolutionary at the time, the reality is most of those shows are struggling or have been canceled.
Interview: This week, we talk about Repo! The Genetic Opera with director Darren Lynn Bousman and writer Terrance Zdunich. The duo talk about some of the challenges in bringing the stage production to the silver screen.
In the Future:
- Robert Sawyer’s “Flashforward” is in development to become a series for ABC.
- Neil Gaiman says a “Sandman” movie could be a reality in the next five to ten years.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Link: Repo!: The Genetic Opera
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web and on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.