WildClaw Theatre Company proudly presents DEATHSCRIBE 2013, the Sixth Annual International Festival of Radio Horror Plays, on Monday December 2nd, at 8:00pm. This collection of spine-tingling audio nightmares will be presented at the historic Mayne Stage Theatre, 1328 W. Morse Ave, Chicago. Admission is $30 ($23 for students w/ identification).
Continuing our pursuit of intelligent, imaginative horror storytelling, we solicited and received over 100 original works from both theatre and horror aficionados around the world. The final five will be performed by some of Chicago’s finest actors, accompanied by Seeking Wonderland and a team of sound effects artists. The winner of the “Bloody Axe” will be chosen by a panel of horror and theatre experts. DEATHSCRIBE 2013 will present the following five original horror radio plays:
- “Strange Weather”, written by Travis Williams, directed by Jan Blixt (Michigan Shakespeare Festival).
- “We Apologize For The Inconvenience”, written by Chelsea Paice, directed by Kevin Theis (Seanachai Theatre, Deathscribe 2012).
- “The Monroe County Pumpkin Queen”, written by Joseph Zettelmaier, directed by Laura Hooper (Black Box Acting).
- “Record/Record”, written by Mark Harrison, directed by Jeffrey Gardner (Our Fair City)
- “Cheap Plastic Mask”, written by Jake Carr, directed by Noah Simon
This guarantees to be a unique and thrilling night of horrifically alternative holiday entertainment. For more info please visit us at www.wildclawtheatre.com. Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.maynestage.com/Wildclaw-Deathscribe.aspx or by phone at the Mayne Stage box office, (773)381-4554.