WildClaw Theatre’s Annual DEATHSCRIBE Festival of Horror Radio Plays is still open for submissions, but only for a few more weeks.
Each year WildClaw Theatre seeks 10-minute radio scripts that are genuinely scary, imaginative, chilling, intelligent, suspenseful, horrific or downright grotesque. They put no restrictions on contestants as to content or tone, but keep in mind that this are a Horror Theatre. They take horror seriously, and so should you.
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2015 at Midnight. Scripts must already be in radio format to be eligible.
- Scripts must be no more than TEN MINUTES in length. (Generally speaking, a 10-minute radio play is NO LONGER than 15 pages.)
- Writers may submit up to two (2) scripts for Deathscribe consideration in any year. There is no fee to submit to Deathscribe.
- PDF format is strongly preferred. If PDF is not possible, then only MS Word please. All scripts must have a title page with all contact information, but no identifying information should appear anywhere else in the document. Submissions must be in a standard font and no less than 12 point.
- NO SCREENPLAYS. SCREENPLAYS WILL BE DISCARDED. WE KNOW THEM WHEN WE SEE THEM. (Nothing against screenplays. But this is a radio play festival.)
- DO NOT submit full-length plays for consideration in Deathscribe. They will be discarded. If you wish to submit a full-length horror play to WildClaw, see our general submission guidelines.
- Scripts should follow radio drama format.
5 scripts will be selected from all submissions. After being selected, there will be an opportunity for the authors to refine and revise these scripts (if deemed necessary) in collaboration with WildClaw Theatre Company. There will be a “Best of the Fest” award, with the winner chosen by a celebrity panel of judges on the night of performance to receive the coveted Bloody Axe Award.
For more information and details on submitting radio plays for consideration: http://www.wildclawtheatre.com/deathscribe/