Director Sam Mendes could be back at the helm for the next Bond movie.
Now MGM’s financial house is in better order, the studio can finally begin targeting release dates for its franchises.
One of the biggest is the Bond franchise, which has been on hold for the past several years.
With news that MGM is merging with Spyglass Entertainment, rumors are beginning to spread like wildfire that in addition to “The Hobbit” that production could now ramp up on the next Bond movie.
Some outlets were reporting that MGM would like to get a new Bond film out by 2012.
Unfortunately, that may not happen.
While we don’t yet know when we’ll see 007 in action again, Pinewood Studios chief executive Ivan Dunleavy says we will see Bond again.
Dunleavy says that despite the current financial woes at MGM, the British secret agent will grace screens again at some point.
MGM’s financial woes have done what SPECTRE and Blofeld never could–stopped James Bond.
The studio made it official yesterday that the twenty-third Bond installment has ceased development of the film and there’s no indication of when it may start again.
Despite the first two movies of the Daniel Craig era being hits, it looks like fans may be in for a long wait for the next James Bond installment.
Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of EON Productions Ltd., producer of the long-running James Bond franchise, said Monday that development work on the next 007 film had been suspended.