THIS — IS — 300!In the News:
- Geographic Dialects in Twitter Posts Can Reveal Where You’re From
- Check out the new comic mini-series “Infinite Vacation” from writer Nick Spencer and artist Christian Ward to view a regular Joe’s exploration of his alternate realities
- Need another reason to watch Firefly again? Then it’s time to search for the hidden Han Solo in each episode! (if you can’t spot them on your own, check out http://geekfemme.blogspot.com/2011/01/han-solos-in-firefly.html)
Multiverse News: Nigel Blackwood brings us new reports from across time and space
- Oscar-winner Sir Anthony Hopkins muses on playing the Norse God Odin in this summer’s feature Thor
- J.J. Abrams says he expects to see a script for Star Trek 2 from writers Damon Lindelof, Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman in March.
Slice of Trivia: This week’s trivia is supplied by Christine in Michigan, with clips from genre shows that make references to genre movies
TV Talk: J.J. Abrams talks about his initial reactions to Fox moving Fringe to Fridays, and on everyone’s hopes that it will turn out to be a major ratings winner because of the move.
Interview: This week’s feature guest is Tom Wheeler, creator and executive producer of NBC’s new series “The Cape”, and he talks about the work and the fun that goes into creating the show, from building the character journeys, to working with real-world comics artists for the show’s comic, and more.
In the Future:
- Archie Comics announced that in April, they will begin offering digital purchase of all its comics via iPad on the same day they hit stores.
- According to creator Gerry Anderson, a new “Thunderbirds” series has been given the greenlight.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show! See you next week with fresh new content!
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.