We’re taking a week off to make sure the whole crew can join us for episode 300! So, send in your episode 300 entries and get ready for next week’s show! It’s going to be epic!
In the News:
- Using “Minecraft,” one enterprising fan has created a virtual model of the NCC-1701D
- Science news: Magnets can make you a lefty (or a righty as the case may be be)
- Director Steven R. Monroe and leading lady Sarah Butler talk about “I Spit On Your Grave”
- The IMDB has denied a listing for an independent, fan-funded film, “The Tunnel.” Is it because the film will be distributed on peer-to-peer networks?”
- The discussion about at-home on-demand movie viewing of films still playing in first run theaters.
TV Talk: Wonder Woman is coming back to TV rather than coming to the big screen.
Slice of SciFi Con Report: Jedi Junkies director Mark Edlitz brings us a report on Wizard’s Big Apple Con last weekend, October 1-3
Interview: Excelsior! Mike and guest Mike Stackpole talk with comics icon Stan Lee! They talk about “Superhumans” on History Channel, his appearances at New York Comic-Con and Hollywood Xpo this month, and his thoughts on the evolution of the acceptance and popularity of comic books today as compared to 30-40 years ago.
Stan gives credit to the movies for making the superheroes larger than life and bringing more money and more writing and artistic talents to the comics industry, and marvels at the advances in CGI and film technology that now allow the characters from his imagination to appear on screen, and more!
In the Future:
- “Myst” is headed to the silver screen.
- Will we get more direct-to-home-theater “Stargate” movies?