>In the News:
- SciFi to SciFact: Lasers as weapons.
- A new exhibit of Ray Harryhausen’s stop motion models opened in L.A.
- A piece of Newton’s apple tree is part of the new shuttle mission
Special Segment: Nigel Blackwood files his latest report, covering all the news from across time and space.
- Find out how the short film “Pixels” could become a feature film. We’ve got the full video below.
- Hammer Horror is coming back… and in 3-D
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George has some new clips. Think you know them? Email your clips to Kurt at Slice of Trivia. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: “Doctor Who” is hitting the stage. Yes, our news director is excited.
Interview: This week, we talk to Felicia Day, star of “The Guild,” “Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” and a ton of other genre projects. She’s a guest at this year’s Phoenix Comicon, taking place next weekend.
In the Future:
- “Rollercoaster Tycoon” has been optioned for a movie.
- Our final story this week is for the older members of our audience. It’s about a new division of Vivid Video for superhero parodies.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Video: “Batman: XXX” (It’s SFW)
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.