- Technicolor is teaming with local theaters to expand 3-D theaters.
- Speaking of 3-D, Hollywood has their eye on “Avatar” and the new techniques used to make the movie.
- Who would win if you arm wrestle a t-rex? Find out.
Movie Review: Chad in Concord gives us a review of “Pontypool.”
- Iain M. Bank’s “Culture” series is coming to the big-screen.
- The film rights for Das Petrou and John Watkiss’ original graphic novel “Ring of Roses” have been picked up by Spice Factory and Persistent Entertainment.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and your knowledge with some Halloween film clips. Email your clips to Kurt at sliceoftrivia at gmail.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Brian Peterson talks about the future of “Smallville.”
Interview: This week, we have talk to horror movie icon Brad Dourif about his new project, “Fading of the Cries.” Find out more about this independent project that you’ll want to keep an eye out for.
In the Future:
- Stephen King will co-write a new series titled “American Vampire” for DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint
- Reality producer Scott Messick has partnered with the Lego Group to develop non-scripted series based on the popular toy line.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK). Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: SFF Audio
Promo: DragonLance Canticle
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web and on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.