In the News:
- Sci-Fi to Sci-Fact: If you’ve seen the Harry Potter movies, you’ve seen the interactive pictures used throughout the franchise. New innovations are moving us closer to that becoming a reality.
- With the release of “The Haunted World of El Superbeasto,” Starz Media is looking to bypass the typical theatrical release for its animated feature and go directly to its core audience at home.
- In order to achieve the goals set for it, NASA will need an additonal $3 billion a year a new panel finds.
- We haven’t heard much lately about the proposed live action version of “Akira.” But Hollywood still wants to make it happen.
- “The Wizard of Oz” is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a lot of great events, including a day to see the newly restored film free via Netflix’s streaming service. Netflix is opening the service to all Internet user on Saturday, October 3.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with some great new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: The CW debuted “The Vampire Diaries” this week to record-setting ratings. Find out more about this series from the lead actress, Nina Dobrev.
Interview: Our guest this week is Allison Scagliotti, currently playing Claudia Donovan on Syfy’s Warehouse 13.
In the Future:
- British director Stephen Frears has signed to direct a live-action adaptation of “Tamara Drewe,” cartoonist Posy Simmonds’ modern retelling of Thomas Hardy’s “Far From the Madding Crowd.”
- Richard Curtis, who brought us “Blackadder,” is writing an episode for the new series of “Doctor Who.”
- The release of the next installment of the Wheel to Time series has been moved up a week!
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK). Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Go Social with Slice of SciFi