In the News:
- TiVo currently has a patent infringement lawsuit working its way through the judicial system, claiming that it owns the technology already in use in just about every DVR system in homes today.
- We’ll examine some of the implications of the Marvel, Disney merger earlier this week.
- They Might Be Giants Has a new album out, all about science. Find out how to buy a copy in the links section below.
Krazy Joe’s Punch in the Junk: This week, Joe’s fist of justice finds Rob Zombie.
- If you went to the movies this summer, you weren’t alone. The summer 2009 movie season was a record-breaker.
- Joel Silver looking to produce a new version of the Swamp Thing for the big-screen–in 3-D.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with some great new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at email@example.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Lou Diamond Phillips talks about his role on the upcoming Stargate: Universe.
Discussion: This week, the studio crew talks about all kinds of geeky things and there are SPOILERS here. You have been warned…
In the Future:
- Guillermo Del Toro has signed on to serve as producer for an adaptation of “Deadman” based on the DC Comics character
- Bryan Singer is a busy guy these days. He’s working on a top secret new web-based series in addition to all the other project he’s attached to.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK). Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Link: Tuning Into SciFi TV
Link: They Might Be Giants: Here Comes Science
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web and on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.