In the News:
- Scientists are calling on amateur astronomers to help solve the mystery of why a super-bright star is gradually going dim.
- Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are working on a better breed of robotic fish
- Actor Sam Worthington says that he agrees with some of the nitpicks and complaints made about “Terminator: Salvation”.
- President of Production for Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige talks about how he is working to make sure the upcoming slate of movies pay off the fans’ faith.
- Blizzard vice president Frank Pearce talks about how Blizzard will oversee the development of the “World of Warcraft” movie.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with new clips about robots. Email your clips to Kurt at email@example.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Find out what’s coming up on the second season of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”
Interview: This week,we talk to Shawn Clement, the award-winning composer who has a new film Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey coming out soon. Find out more about Shawn’s work on the film and his previous work on a little show called “Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.”
In the Future:
- James Cameron is pushing for the 3-D experience in your home theater.
- Columbia has given the thumbs-up for “Hancock 2.”
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Go Social with Slice of SciFi