- A community theater in Oregon recently performed their own version of the classic “Trek” episode “Amok Time.”
- 3-D digital movies are helping boost the bottom line for one movie chain.
- If you saw the preview of the “V” pilot at ComicCon, you may not have seen the final version. Producers are still tweaking it.
Movie Talk: This week, movie talk is devoted to discussion about the upcoming “District 9.” Find out more about how the “Halo” movie falling through led to one of this summer’s most anticipated sci-fi films.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Joss Whedon talks about what’s coming up for the second season of “Dollhouse.”
Interview: This week, we continue our conversation with Michael Hogan, better known as Saul Tigh on “Battlestar Galactica.” Hogan offers a few hints about the upcoming movie, “The Plan” and his time working on the monumental series.
In the Future:
- “Halo” isn’t getting a movie right away, but it will have a series of anime shorts produced.
- Tom Baker is reprising his role as the 4th Doctor for a new series of BBC audio adventures.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK). Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: I Should Be Writing
Promo: Dragonlance Canticle
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web and on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.