- Buzz Aldrin is back with a trio of new projects, reflecting on his mission to the moon. Part of it is a book and another part is a rap single with Snoop Dog.
- While the company believes that its core business model of renting DVDs to customers will continue for at least the next decade, Netflix is looking at life after DVDs.
- Impressed with the effects in “Transformers: Rise of the Fallen?” You should be. They nearly broke the hardware at ILM creating them.
- Director Richard Kelly’s next movie, “The Box,” will be an adaptation of Richard Matheson’s five page short story, “Button, Button.”
- American audiences will soon be able to scream to the horrors of “Lake Mungo.”
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at sliceoftrivia at gmail.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: TV Fandex is a new web service that may be a step in the right direction toward providing a measurement system to track fan interest in popular television series
Interview: This week, we talk to actor Erik Jensen, one of the stars of the Ron Moore/Peter Berg project, Virtuality.
In the Future:
- An interactive museum devoted to the life of Walt Disney will showcase his life and open later this year.
- Universal Pictures has bought the rights to Larry Doyle’s upcoming novel, “Go Mutants”
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: Babylon Podcast
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.