- Steven Spielberg was on-hand this week to help debut Microsofts new hands-free gaming controllers.
- The International Astronomical Union has approved the naming of a crater on Mars after sci-fi literary leader, Issac Asimov.
- The popular children’s pulp adventure series, Tom Swift is next in line for raiding by Hollywood.
- SciFi Wire listed seven “unfilmable” genre novels and graphic novels. We’ll tell you what they are and then who they thing should direct them. We welcome your comments and thoughts on the Voice Mail show about this! See details below on how to call in and leave your feedback.
- Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller will play the “Hardy Men,” an updated take on the classic Hardy Boys novels.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at sliceoftrivia at gmail.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles are obligated for a sixth season of “Supernatural” if the CW decides there should be one. But creator Eric Kripke has a five-year plan for the show and isn’t signed on for a sixth season…
Interview: This week, we talk to actor Peter Knight, creator of the new comedy-fantasy series “Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire”, airing on Comedy Central.
In the Future:
- They’re making a movie version of “Where’s Waldo?” No, we’re not kidding….
- A new comic book series based on “Logan’s Run” is coming to a comic store near you.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Link: Unfilmable Novels and Graphic Novels
Promo: Babylon Podcast
Go Social with Slice of SciFi