- Graham Hawkes is working on Deep Flight Super Falcon, a deep sea exploration vessel.
- Roddenberry Productions has signed a deal to release 500 plus hours of behind-the-scenes “Star Trek” footage.
- The Government Accountability Office issued a report that the U.S. GPS system could fail in 2010 if more satellites aren’t launched soon.
Krazy Joe’s Punch in the Junk: Joe is back! His fist of justice goes after the fact that “Fast & Furious” was the largest weekend opening for a Universal Picture in history.
- Director Pete Docter talks about the latest Pixar animated film, “Up.”
- Sam Raimi’s “Drag Me To Hell” was screened at the Cannes Film Festival…yes, that Cannes.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at Slice of Trivia. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Fox execs talk about why they kept “Dollhouse” and decided to cancel “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.”
Interview: This week, we talk to Joshua Gomez, who plays the best friend of Chuck Bartowski, Morgan Grimes on “Chuck.”
In the Future:
- Sam Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures is developing a big-screen adaptation of “The Monkey Paw.”
- Wesley Snipes will debut “Zulu Mech 1″ during the upcoming Sixth Annual African American Pavilion at Book Expo America.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: Parsec Awards
Promo: Can’t Stop the Serenity
Promo: The Babylon Podcast
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.