Slice of SciFi #211: Voicemail Show

This is the show for our inquiring fans and listeners and their voicemails, emails.

We want to hear your comments and feedback… No, really, we do! Pay no attention to how much Mike grumbles about them — you know – that guy sitting in the dark corner with all the knobs and switches.

This week the studio gang respond to the questions and comments posed by your voicemail submissions, and once again HERE THERE BE SPOILERS!!

Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Twitter: @sliceofscifi
Forums: http://www.farpointforums.com
Shop: Slice of SciFi Store

Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web and on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.

Comments

1. Grogor says

“This week the studio gang respond to the questions and comments posed by your voicemail submissions”.

Not THIS week!! This week we get to see the brutal job of editing that gets done every week. If you make it 20 minutes in, you will also start to get pretty scared of Fox Leader. I think the SOF team needs to get a restraining order!

2. the lows says

You know I have a extra large can of Nair, you hold down Foxleader and I’ll administer some sanity.

Jenny

3. the lows says

Semi furry? Is that like being kinda pregnant? Please donate to Farpoint Media! Increase Mike’s voice mail filter. FOR GOD”S SAKE!!!!

Tim

4. the lows says

did we do something to Uncle Mike? wow….just ….wow. I’ll never be able to play Halo again, that’s for sure.

darcy

5. Chris From Poland says

I got through it all and didn’t even skip the Fox Leader parts, so I guess that makes me an official Farpoint geek. But please… never again :-).

6. Gary from Jacksonville says

And I used to think Dubshack was the worst. Fox Leader scares me even more.

And Mike, If you were trying to make the point that editing the vm is long, hard, and sometimes painful, we believe you.

7. Gary from Jacksonville says

I’m still trying to understand the explanation of the name Fox Leader. Maybe if I listen to it backwards?

8. Bill from Albuquerque says

Fox Leader sounds like one of the guys who bit the dust first in the attack on the Rebel base on Hoth……and he needs to quit sampling what ever he’s making or he’ll never be able to sell enough of it to buy a double wide in Arkansas or Tennessee (insert “Dueling Banjos” here)

9. Gazerbeam says

I made it about five minutes into the show before I quit listening. One of the reasons I love the voicemail show so much is hearing the response from the folks in the studio. Without their banter, I found it a little boring. Just makes me appreciate the work these people put into the show each week. :)

10. Trekscribbler says

Sweet Baby Jesus, talk about phoning it in …

Somebody really needs to see that Fox Leader’s dosages are seriously upped.

11. ejdalise says

Almost made it all the way . . . then I realized there was no compelling reason to do so.

Interesting how much the lead-in sound between voicemails and interaction of the hosts make the voicemails much more bearable than just listening to them raw. Even the “good” ones, and there were mighty few, fell flat on their own. Perhaps it was the randomness of the subjects

To be fair, other than the Wolverine comments there was not much to call in about . . . not that it stopped anyone.

12. Lisa from Indiana says

Pam, I think we have to start a fund for rehab for Fox Leader. There have to be drugs involved…

Trackbacks