- Leonard Nimoy talks about reprising his role as Spock for “Star Trek” and as William Bell for the season finale of “Fringe.”
- The used video game market is gaining new attention–not just from consumers but from manufacturers.
- A small group wants to ban the use of the comic sans typeface.
- Jackie Chan has signed to star in his 100th movie. The popular actor will also serve as co-director.
- Stay tuned after the credits when you see “Wolverine.”
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at email@example.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: George R.R. Martin tells us that production on the pilot for “A Song of Fire and Ice” will begin in October.
Interview: This week we talk to Victor Alfieri, who co-stars with Tom Hanks in the upcoming big-screen adaptation of “Angels and Demons.”
In the Future:
- Aardman Animations, the creators of “Wallace and Gromit” has been give the thumbs up to produce “Arthur Christmas” and “Pirates!” for Sony.
- Warner Bros. Pictures has picked the rights to another big-screen take on the Homer’s “The Odyssey” with “Odysseus”
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: The Babylon Podcast
Promo: Parsec Awards
Go Social with Slice of SciFi