- Leonard Nimoy talks about reprising his role as Spock for “Star Trek” and as William Bell for the season finale of “Fringe.”
- The used video game market is gaining new attention–not just from consumers but from manufacturers.
- A small group wants to ban the use of the comic sans typeface.
- Jackie Chan has signed to star in his 100th movie. The popular actor will also serve as co-director.
- Stay tuned after the credits when you see “Wolverine.”
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at email@example.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: George R.R. Martin tells us that production on the pilot for “A Song of Fire and Ice” will begin in October.
Interview: This week we talk to Victor Alfieri, who co-stars with Tom Hanks in the upcoming big-screen adaptation of “Angels and Demons.”
In the Future:
- Aardman Animations, the creators of “Wallace and Gromit” has been give the thumbs up to produce “Arthur Christmas” and “Pirates!” for Sony.
- Warner Bros. Pictures has picked the rights to another big-screen take on the Homer’s “The Odyssey” with “Odysseus”
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK). Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: The Babylon Podcast
Promo: Parsec Awards
Promo: The Weird Show
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web and on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.