- European researchers announced the discovery of two planets, each of which met the one of the conditions necessary for life on Earth.
- Are video games addictive to kids? A new study shows they may be.
- After fearing that the leak of “Wolverine” might hurt the box-office totals, new tracking data shows that it may actually help the movie when it opens this Friday.
- We all know that the final installment of the Harry Potter franchise, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” will be split into two films. The big question is–where will the split occur? Star Daniel Radcliffe and producer David Heyman offer some hints for fans.
- “Terminator: Salvation” will be the first non R-rated entry in the franchise for its theatrical run.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at firstname.lastname@example.org”. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Actor Robert Picardo from “Star Trek: Voyager” and “Stargate: Atlantis” may have another guest-starring role turn into a recurring part. The role is on the upcoming series, “Persons Unknown.”
Interview: This week, we talk to the man who brought Buck Rogers to life on television, Gil Gerard. Gil talks about his time since bringing Buck to our screens and his interactions with fans and fellow celebrities at conventions.
In the Future:
- Actor Will Smith will serve as executive producer for SciFi’s new movie/backdoor pilot, “Unfinished Business.”
- Peter Jackson and Guillermo Del Toro talk about the upcoming “Hobbit” movies, including what fans can expect to see in each installment.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Go Social with Slice of SciFi