- A dispute has opened up between 20th Century Fox and theater owners over who should bear the cost of 3-D glasses for the upcoming slate of 3-D movies.
- Bryan Fuller elaborates on his comments and ideas for a new “Star Trek” TV series. Before you get too excited, it’s only Fuller’s wishes should the classic series get a reboot on the small screen and it’s not actually the green light for a new series.
- A new book, “Secret Identity: The Fetish Art of Superman’s Co-Creator Joe Shuster” features a very different side to Shuster’s artistic output.
Krazy Joe’s Punch in the Junk: This week, Joe issues a punch to Fox for its scheduling of “Fringe.” (Both the hiatus and Fox pushing it back eight minutes for “American Idol.”)
- Director Shawn Levy talks about why he won’t be working on the big-screen adaptation of “The Flash.”
- Director’s Alex Rivera independent sci-fi thriller, “Sleep Dealer,” opens this weekend in select theaters and pay-per-view outlets.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: “Chuck” co-creator Chris Fedak talks about Scott Bakula’s guest appearance, the overall plan for the show and the hopes for a third season.
Interview: This week, we talk to John Noble, the man who brings Walter Bishop to life on “Fringe.” Mike and Brian discuss “Fringe” with John and talk about his long, varied career.
In the Future:
- “Watchman” screenwriter Alex Tse has been tapped to work on the big-screen adaptation of “Battling Boy.”
- “Doctor Who” fans will have a long wait for the next special–it could be November before “The Waters of Mars” airs.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK). Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Shop: Slice of SciFi Store
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web and on SiriusXM Satellite Radio. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.
“Water of Mars” Preview:
“He Will Knock Four Times” Clip: