In the News:
- Hollywood is looking for new ways to spark DVD sales. One way is to create rental only copies of new releases that include no extras and another is packages that include Blu-Ray, DVD and digital copies.
- And the winners of the first Streamy Awards are….
- Your mom was wrong. Video games can help improve your eyesight
- DreamWorks picked up the rights to “Good Looking,” a romantic comedy with a sci-fi twist.
- A working print of “Wolverine” leaked onto the Internet this week. We look into how this might happened and the reaction by Hollywood.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman tease the upcoming episodes of “Fringe.” And yes, we will be getting some answers before season’s end.
Interview: This week we talk to three of the creative minds behind “Xombie,” James Farr, Geoff Edwards, John Frank Rosenbaum. “Xombie” is the story of Dirge, a dead man with a mind of his own, who struggles against his posthumous cravings (not to mention legions of the living dead) to reunite a lost child with her family. This web series has now been released to DVD.
In the Future:
- The award-winning audio-drama, “Star Trek: Excelsior” wants to hear from you. The Excelsior staff has released a public call for script proposals as part of a new contest
- Anita Blake is coming to television.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Link: Starship Excelsior Contest
Link: Streamy Award Winners
Promo: Babylon Podcast
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.