- NASA is conducting an on-line poll to name International Space Station’s Node 3. One of the names in the running is “Serenity.” If you want to vote, you can by following this link: http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/name_ISS/index.html
- Video-game icon Max Hazard is back. Wait, you haven’t heard of Max? He’s the hero of “Eat Lead: The Return of Max Hazard,” a new game that satirized games and gamers.
- ZillionTV is a new, on-demand set-top device that will allow users to decide what kind of commercials they want to see. And the device won’t allow you to fast-forward through the commercials.
- Director Christopher Columbus, who brought the first two installments of the “Harry Potter” franchise to the big-screen will direct a new young-adult fantasy series for Hollywood. The series is “Perry Jackson and the Olympians” and centers on a young man who finds out his father is really the Greek god Poseidon
- Netflix is doing well. The on-line ticket reseller is reporting an increase in ticket sales and advertising.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk: Combine the procedural aspect of “CSI” with the elimination component of “Survivor” and you have CBS’s upcoming limited-run series, “Harper’s Island.”
Interview: This week, Michael and Brian talk to Michael Jelenic, the writer for DC’s direct-to-home-theater “Wonder Woman” movie. Mr. Jelenic talks about the all-star voice cast, how he came to work on the project and what fans can expect when you pick up this great new animated movie.
In the Future:
- With a third season not yet certain, “Chuck” producer Josh Schwartz says the season finale for the spy drama can work as a series finale or a new direction for season three.
- Threshhold Entertainment has acquired the rights to make Top Cow’s “Aphrodite IX” into a 3-D feature film.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Promo: SFF Audio
Promo: Dragon Page Cover to Cover
Go Social with Slice of SciFi