- Researchers at BYU have found a link between excessive on-line game playing and unsuccessful off-line relationships.
- The newsstand will be a little less funny these days with Mad Magazine cutting its publication cycle from monthly to quarterly.
- Author Neil Gaiman is having a good week. “The Graveyard Book” won the prestigious Newbery Award and “Coraline” will open in theaters next Friday.
- Marvel Studios is being sued for the profits from “Iron Man.” Maybe this is why we won’t get Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury…
- Brennan Bailey is the eleven-year old star of the upcoming “Parasomnia,” an intense horror film.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at email@example.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
- Sara Gilbert’s status on “The Big Bang Theory” has been reduced this season.Â She’s gone from a cast regular to a recurring character.
- Michael Shanks talks about the future of Daniel Jackson.
Interview: This week, Mike and Brian talk with Samuel Vera, the creator of the comic book “Alien in My Toliet.” Sam lets us in on the news that he’s just securing a national distribution deal and the potential for a series based on his book. And there’s a plush doll coming…
In the Future:
- Looks like Lara Croft is not only getting a reboot in the virtual world, but she’ll be getting a reboot on the big-screen.
- ABC has optioned a pilot for a new “V.”
- At long last, “The A-Team” movie is moving forward…
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Link: Crazee Comics
Link: “Graveyard Book”
Go Social with Slice of SciFi