In the News:
- Scientists at England’s Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust have produced the first images of a heart attack taken from inside a human heart, which may help treating heart attacks in the future.
- Webcasts of funerals are gaining in popularity.
- Sir Terry Pratchett has been testing a new device that could slow down or even reverse the effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
Krazy Joe’s Punch in the Junk: This week Joe’s fist of justice punches goes to Ben Mankiewicz of “At the Movies” for his choice of the worst film of 2008.
- Ron Moore’s prequel to “The Thing” has a director and is moving forward
- Dominic Monagahan is ready to reprise his role as Merry in the upcoming “Lord of the Rings” prequels
Slice of Trivia: No Slice of Trivia this week. Instead Kurt offers us a look at what a crossover between the careers of Ricardo Montalban and Patrick McGoohan would have sounded like.
TV Talk: At long last, Damon Lindelof and Carleton Cuse confirm what most of us knew–“Lost” is scifi.
Discussion: This week, Michael Hinman of SyFy Portal comes on the show to chat about the state of scifi television with Mike, Brian and Summer.
In the Future:
- Keanu Reeves has signed on for the role of Spike Spiegel in the live-action “Cowboy Bebop” movie.
- Nathan Fillion says the sequel to “Dr. Horrible” will happen… he’s just not sure when it will happen.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show! See you next week with fresh new content.
Go Social with Slice of SciFi