- Looking for a gift for the person who has everything? Purdue University is auctioning the naming rights to a newly discovered species of bat.
- The Hubble space telescope has discovered a planet capable of supporting and sustaining life.
- Daniel Craig says the next Bond film should start to introduce some other familiar characters like Moneypenny and Q.
Krazy Joe’s Punch in the Junk: Joe’s “Mighty Fist of Justice” targets Tim Kring and the producers of “Heroes” for the irritating nickname of Noah Bennett (aka HRG)
- Keanu Reeves talks about trying to keep the science “real” for the remake of “The Day the Earth Stood Still”
- Next year’s adaptation of “The Portrait of Dorian Gray” has added some material not in the original Oscar Wilde novel.
Slice of Trivia: This week Kurt in St. George tests the studio crew and you with three new clips. Email your clips to Kurt at sliceoftrivia at gmail.com. Your entries could get picked and played on the show.
TV Talk:SciFi recently renewed Amanda Tapping’s new series, “Sanctuary.” Tapping discusses the final episodes of season one and drops hints about what fans can look for in season two.
Interview: This week, we talk to Ashley Eckenstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano on Cartoon Network’s “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.” Ashley may be familiar to some of our younger listeners (and our listeners with young children) as Muffy from Disney Channel’s “That So Raven.” Ashley talks about playing the padawan of Anakin Skywalker on “Clone Wars.”
In the Future:
- ABC is developing a pilot based on the best-selling comic book series, “Fables.”
- Uwe Boll is making a movie about the apocolypse.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show!
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.