In the News:
- The Summer of 2008 will be remembered for more games than just the Olympics in China. When it comes to gaming, this has been the summer of video games, especially the newest craze called casual games.
- This SCI-FI to SCI-FACT is something you thought you’d only see or hear about in a SF or disaster movie, but scientists are now claiming that New York City could be the epicenter of a future major earthquake.
- Six European countries will be getting a look at MTV’s new global Web-based high-definition, Dolby 5.1 surround-sound service christened, MTV Networks HD, beginning September 15th.
- Christopher Nolan’s latest Batman film, “The Dark Knight” has become an unstoppable force that is showing no signs of slowing down two months after its premiere.
- Producer Damon Lindelof, one of the showrunners behind the J.J. Abrams directed Star Trek movie, gives the final word and real reason why William Shatner wasn’t in this eleventh Trek film.
Slice of Trivia Kurt in St. George has 4 clips this week. Whoa! What’s the theme? Do you have a SF clip for Kurt to use on the show? Send your mp3 to sliceoftrivia at gmail.com
Our entire TV segment is dedicated to some of the things you can expect to find out when the new season of “Heroes” returns to NBC on September 22nd at 9/8C. While what we share can’t legally be defined as SPOILERS, some may want to fast-forward. Don’t blame Slice of SciFi for this information, it comes straight from NBC.
Interview: Josh Gates, show host and one of the producers for SCI FI Channel’s successful program “Destination Truth” joins us this week. “Destination Truth” is an one-hour travel show that investigates urban legends, the strange and fantastic, unique tales and age-old folklore with just the right touch of skepticism to make the show wonderfully interesting and fun to watch.
In the Future:
- “Horrorween is an upcoming comedy/horror film that is being tagged as “Hollywood’s First and Biggest Viral Movie.” Lots of big named actors, past and current, will be making cameos in this one.
- “The Uninvited” is another new horror film that is loosely based on a 2003 Korean horror movie called “Janghwa Hongryeon.” It stars Academy Award nominee David Stratharim and Elizabeth Banks.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show! See you next week with fresh new content.
Link: AMC SciFi Scanner interview with Star Trek’s Damon Lindelof
Link: Technorama’s Adieu to the Star Trek Experience
Link: SCI FI Channel’s “Destination Truth”
Promo: Our last, best hope for B5 fans is The Babylon Podcast
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available on the web. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.