In the News: This week’s news has a theme!
- Kevin McKidd, star of “Dog Soldiers,” “Rome” and “Journeyman” is in the running to be the next Highlander when Summit Entertainment jump starts the “their can be only one” film franchise.
- Sean Connery, 78, has sat down with writer and filmmaker Murray Grigor and written his autobiography. He unveiled the book titled “Being a Scot” at the famous Edinburgh Book Festival on Monday.
- Patrick Swayze, will soon be starring in a TV spy flick called “The Beast,” thanked all his Lothian-based fans for all their love, encouragement and support offered up to him when it was announced the star of “Ghost,” “Red Dawn” and “Dirty Dancing” was undergoing chemo-therapy for pancreatic cancer.
Special Announcement: Kreg from Technorama gives the low-down on the fond adieu to the 10-year run of the Las Vegas Star Trek Experience. Go to ChuckChat.com/techorama for this two-part audio and video presentation beginning September 2nd.
- Filmmaker Kevin Smith (“Clerks,” “Dogma”) was one of the rare few given an early viewing of the new Star Trek film from J.J. Abrams. Smith has nothing but good things to say about the movie, Abrams and all the leading cast involved with the project. In two words Kevin says “It’s fantastic!”
- Get ready for it….Bollywood has created a new feature film titled “Hari Puttar: A Comedy of Terrors” and it has set Warner Bros., owners of the Harry Potter film franchise, on a suing frenzy.
Slice of Trivia: Kurt in St. George offers up 3 clips that were inspired by a previous Slice of Trivia episode.
- From HBO comes a new show based on the book series by Charlaine Harris. The television series, titled “True Blood,” takes an interesting twist on the old vampire theme and tries on the idea of humans and vampires cohabiting in mutual relationships.
- “Heroes” and “Battlestar Galactica” alums will star in a SCI FI Channel remake of “Children of the Corn.”
Interview: Dennis Hope is the head of the Lunar Embassy World Headquarters, the organization behind the ownership of real estate on the Moon. He explains why it’s important and relevant to own lunar property and why it could be profitable because of the mining of Helium-3 in the not-too-distant future. His lunar land deals have already turned Hope into a millionaire several times over and he can boast of current property owners through his Lunar Embassy as the estate of President Ronald Reagan, President Jimmy Carter and both Bush Presidents, as well as 523 celebrities such as George Lucas, Ron Howard, Tom Hanks, Barbara Walters, and over 5 million common people in 193 countries. Hope and others have formed a body called the Galactic Government. While this new government isn’t legally recognized by the U.N. it has already been put to the test when it confronted China about its plans to mine on owned lunar property….and won.
- Shia LaBeouf is back on the set of the next Transformers movie with his automobile injuries written into the script.
- Jodie Benson (“The Little Mermaid”) joins Michael Keaton in a voice role for “Toy Story 3″ with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen.
- Kristen Bell (“Heroes,” “Veronica Mars”) provides voice for the female lead in “Astro Boy.”
- Jon Favreau is helming “Iron Man 2″ from a script written by him, Justin Theroux (“Tropic Thunder”) and Robert Downey Jr.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. Keep your comments brief, or funny, and maybe you’ll hear your message on the voicemail show! See you next week with fresh new content.
Link: Lunar Embassy World Headquarters
Link: Technorama’s Adieu to the Star Trek Experience
Link: Peace In Space
Promo: Get book smart. Listen to The Dragon Page Cover to Cover
Promo: The Gmail Podcast
Go Social with Slice of SciFi