Slice of SciFi Show #125 was to be recorded LIVE at last weekend’s Dragon Con but Mike and Brian were so busy on panels, working with the Parsec Awards program and running from one end of the Con to the other that it just didn’t work out. So, this show comes out as usual from the Draco-Vista studio in Phoenix.
Summer isn’t on hand but we have a good friend from the European arena in the house by the name of Petter Hansen, a.k.a. Warlord. He joins Mike, Brian and Tim for this exciting show that will feature lots of stuff from Dragon Con and our very special guest, Ira Steven Behr.
In the News:
- The filming rights to the “Pet Robots” graphic novel has been picked up by Disney.
- A physician and pilot got first hand experience on what it is like to have Snakes On A Plane!
- Producers Christine Peters and Michael Cerenzie are on board to bring the old school video game “Joust” to the big screen as a major motion picture. What’s next? Donkey Kong?
- Bruce Lee is probably doing drop kicks in his grave because Kurt Sutter (“The Shield”) is planning on a remake of “Enter the Dragon,” only with a new title.
- Mike and Brian have some movie news from Dragon Con.
Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the creative minds behind one of the most successful adult cartoons in television history has signed a multi-million, multi-year deal with Comedy Central that is the envy of every animator in the world.
Interview: This week director/writer/producer Ira Steven Behr of “The 4400″ and “Star Trek” fame joins us to talk about the new season of his series about a group of 4400 abductees who returned with unique and often dangerous powers. He also talks about some of his future projects.
The gang closes out the show getting geeky about all the latest facts and rumors for future TV shows, video games and movies that came out of the various announcements and panels at this year’s Dragon Con.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know.