- Highlander DVD set winners announced!
- The price tag for 3-D feature films is still too high to be viable yet
- John Shiban and David Eick have been given the greenlight for “The Gathering” miniseries on Lifetime TV (Link to MovieWeb)
- Dark Horse Comics has decided to move forward with a comics version of the sixth season for “Angel”
“Rise: Blood Hunter” is the latest film from the producers of “The Grudge”, and Sebastian Gutierrez (writer of “Gothika” and “Snakes on a Plane”). Starring Lucy Liu and directed by Gutierrez, “Blood Hunter” is stylish B-movie romp full of sexy vampires and blood-soaked vengeance.
We also discuss an Entertainment Weekly “best” SF shows and films of the past 25 years. We so disagree with a great deal about this list, from the entries on the list to the order of items on the list.
- Cable network ABC Family has renewed the SF teen series Kyle XY for a second season and plans to bring back the angelic drama Fallen as a four-hour miniseries
- Michael Crichton’s classic SF novel The Andromeda Strain will be a new original miniseries for A&E, to be executive-produced by Tony and Ridley Scott. Andromeda was initially billed as a four-hour event, but could run up to six hours.
Interview: Noted composer Bear McCreary joins us this week to talk about his experience composing and recording the amazing score for SciFi Channel’s “Battlestar Galactica”, and the upcoming second season of “Eureka”.
In its first season, SciFi’s hit series “Eureka” got a lot of milage out of the love triangle between Nathan Stark, Allison Blake and Jack Carter. As the first season ended, Allison had replaced Stark as the head of the secretive Global Dynamics and the potential romance between Allison and Carter was left to simmer during the hiatus.
“Eureka” returns for its second season on July 10.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK).