- Vulcan Calgary, Canada is the trekiest place on the planet and they will be upping their geek status on June 8, 2007 with the introduction of a new $250,000 dollar Trek game and virtual starship world
- Evangeline Lilly, John Malkovich and Romain Duris will star together in the SF thriller “Afterwards.”
- Harvey Weinstein decided to not separate the “Grindhouse” features into two different entries for the rest of the US distrubution, but will probably do so for the international audience and DVD future release.
Movie Talk: This week, we take a look at two new films with interesting concepts. The first is the Justin Chatwin vehicle called “The Invisible” and the other is Nicolas Cage’s new feature,”Next.” Both will be released on Friday, April 27, 2007.
The new DVD “Dark Corners” will hit store shelves on May 22, 2007 and it tells the story of a young woman whose life becomes a nightmarish place where the line between her idyllic suburban family life and her terrifying subconscious world becomes very blurred. It stars “American Beauty” actress Thora Birch in one of her most riveting roles to date.
Slice of Trivia: TRIVIA!
Electronic Arts and Endomel of Europe have teamed up to bring the television viewing audience and gaming community together in such a way that may forever change the way we interact electronically. The new technology called “Virtual Me” becomes a reality this summer.
Interview: Acclaimed actor and sometime director Joe Morton joins us to talk about the upcoming season of EUREKA on SciFi Channel. He talks with Mike, Evo and Brian about his role as Henry on the show, as well as his love of directing stage plays, his work mentoring high school students, and his dream to someday direct a stage presentation of Ralph Ellison’s “The Invisible Man”.
- Brendan Fraser will be returning for “The Mummy 3″, receiving a paycheck that will rank him as one of the top entertainment money makers
- Ron Howard will be directing a remake of the scifi classic 1970 film “Colossus: The Forbin Project.”
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK). We’ve got plenty of voicemail from fans to listen and respond to, but you’ll hear that in a fresh, separate show.