- The sequel to Superman Returns will feature more action
- SF films have been recognized via nominations for this year’s Oscar race
- First Hollywood, then Bollywood, now Chinawood?
Based on the epic graphic novel by “Sin City’s” Frank Miller, “300” is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae. Director Zack Snyder brings Miller’s acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale with a mixture of reality and fantasy that make for exciting and inspiring movie watching on a grand scale.
- NBC has relaunched their HEROES website, packing it full of new, interactive content for all of the “I can’t get enough of this” fans of the show. Comics, webisodes, and mobile content await you there
- Eric Roberts is set to join the cast of HEROES, along with newcomer Christopher Eccleston. Roberts will play Thompson, someone on par with Claire’s father, Mr. Bennett.
- Rumors are flying that one of the more popular Heroes will meet their demise before Season One comes to a close. Big question: who will it be?
Interview: Michael, Summer and Evo talk with Paul Davids, the writer and director of the documentary SciFi Boys, a highly regarded film that highlights the progress of special effects in film, from the golden Hollywood days of lovingly crafted models to today’s high-tech CGI designs.
Don’t miss SciFi Channel’s premiere of this movie, Wednesday, February 7th at 11pm Eastern! The film is also available on DVD, chock full of many extras.
Future Talk: What’s Coming Up?
They can’t stay kids forever and not even their wizard’s wand can prevent them from becoming young adults. In “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” Harry and friends return for their fifth year of study at Hogwarts only to discover that much of the wizarding community has been denied the truth about his most recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will magically appear in a theater near you on July 13, 2007. It can also be viewed in the IMAX format on that same date. The film will see the return of all previous film’s regulars, along with Gary Oldman returning as Sirius Black, Ralph Fiennes reprises Lord Voldemort and Helena Bonham Carter brings her many talents as the character Bellatrix Lestrange.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK).