- China trying to make up it’s mind which way to proceed with EVD/DVD technology
- UK Trek fan goes bankrupt trying to follow dream of custom building living room sized replicas of Star Trek sets. See 24th Century Interior Design for more details
- NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox vying for new scifi fare to air in the coming fall seasons
- This Island Earth remastered and reissued on DVD
- Casting rumors abound for the next James Bond flick
TV Talk: “ReGenesis” is a Canadian SF Drama television show that first aired October 24, 2004. The premiere of the program is about a future for humankind that is already here. Bioterrorism, designer babies, genetically engineered foods– called by the street name Frankenfoods.
The series stars Ellen Page, who starred as Kitty Pride in “X-Men: The Last Stand,” Peter Outerbridge from George Romero’s “Land of the Dead” and “10.5: Apocalypse” and Sarah Strange who starred as Morgan Le Fay on Stargate SG-1. “ReGenesis” has shot 26 episodes comprising two full seasons and began season two on Global Television this past September. The season finale titled “The End” will air on December 16th.
Canadian fans of the show are hoping the title is not prophetic and it doesn’t seem likely. The show is one of Canada’s highest rated programs, the recent winner of two Gemini Awards, has spawned its on reality game, as well as becoming Canada’s most popular website: ReGenesis
Interview: This week, Michael, Summer and Joe talk to James Callis, Gaius Baltar from SciFi Channel’s Battlestar Galactica. James tells us all about Baltar’s recent stressful adventures on the Cylon basestar after the misfortunes on New Caprica, and we talk about the theories about the true nature of Baltar’s motives and psyche, as well as the freedom that comes from playing a character who might truly be a sociopath because he defies definition.
Future Talk: What’s Coming Up?
- Steven Spielberg will be trying his luck producing a scifi show for Fox TV, and we hope he can succeed where so many before him have been thrown under the bus
- Showtime is developing a spooky soap opera, “The Canyon”, written by Bret Easton Ellis (author of “American Psycho”)
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. We’ve got plenty of voicemail from fans to listen and respond to, but you’ll hear that in a fresh, separate show.
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
iTunes: Leave a Review! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/slice-of-scifi/id73331296
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.