- Microsoft is disappointed with their Zune MP3 player sales figures
- M. Night Shyamalan joins the list of celebs leaving UTA
- David Arquette’s “The Tripper,” a satirical horror film about a Ronald Reagan-obssessed serial killer, will get a limited release in early 2007
- Director Zack Snyder has announced that there will be no Watchmen film franchise. The entire tale of The Watchmen will get told in the one movie release.
- Tim Firth has been hired to script Ahmet Zappa’s “The Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless” for Disney
- Frank Miller has not yet completed his much touted graphic novel “Batman Vs. Osama Bin Laden,” but announced it is close to completion
Game Cube Review: Paul Puri brings us our first video game analysis, “Stronghold Legends”.
TV Talk: Babylon 5 has become one of the highest selling franchises on DVD so far bringing in over $44 million in consumer sales. With that in mind, Warner Home Video and Warner Bros. Television have started production on “Babylon 5: The Lost Tales.”
Following up on characters and storylines from the very popular television show, this made-for-DVD series will include two new “Babylon 5″ stories collectively titled “Voices of the Dark,” plus some exclusive behind the scenes content.
Interview: This week, Michael and Summer welcome Tricia Helfer to the show, and we delve into the complexities of her character, the multifaceted Cylon Number Six. While she can’t divulge any spoilers, Tricia does tease us with the prospects of some deaths and the possibility of discovering new Cylon models by the end of Season 3.
Tricia also tells us about how she came to the show and her approach to portraying the different versions of Number Six, and her interactions with the growing number of fans of her character and of the show. She also has a completely new perspective on modern day kitchen appliances…
Future Talk: What’s Coming Up?
Ben Stiller’s highly anticipated film “A Night At the Museum” will be coming to conventional and IMAX theaters in the US and abroad, premiering in theaters on December 20th for the holiday season.
“A Night at the Museum” is an action-adventure-fantasy that brings all the exhibits in the museum to life at night. Once the doors are locked for the night, all hell breaks loose and a good-hearted dreamer named Larry Daley (Ben Stiller) gets caught in the middle of the nightly madness. Larry is the museum’s night security guard and comes face to face with Mayans, Roman Gladiators, and cowboys as they emerge from their diorama to wage epic battles.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know.
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
iTunes: Leave a Review! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/slice-of-scifi/id73331296