This week’s show is special: recorded live in front of a packed house at Dragon*Con… there’s nothing quite like instant audience interaction!
- BSG’s Ronald D. Moore is the keynote speaker at this year’s Podcast and Portable Media Expo
- More Spiderman beyond #3 is being planned
- Nimoy has final say on Spock character for next film
- The UK waits for Stargate while the USA waits for Doctor Who
MovieTalk: George Romero is returning to his Night of the Living Dead roots by writing and directing Diary of the Dead, in which a group of college students filming a zombie movie get caught up in a true zombie uprising and try to capture it all on film instead of running for their lives.
TV Talk: SF Television rundown:
- Monday: “Heroes” on NBC, Sep 25, 9pm
- Wednesday: “Jericho” on CBS, Sep 20, 8pm
- Wednesday: “Day Break” on ABC, Nov 17, 9pm (premiering after LOST’s first 13 episode run)
- Wednesday: “The Nine” on ABC, 10pm
- Thursday: “Six Degrees” on ABC
- SciFi Friday will now include Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica possibly being led in by Star Trek: Enterprise
Interview: This week, we take comments and questions from the live audience at Dragon*Con 2006, just to see what scifi fans and Slice of SciFi fans have on their minds.
Future Talk: What’s Coming Up?
Details for Indiana Jones 4 are becoming known, and Lucas has made this cryptic statement: “We’re basically going to do The Phantom Menace”. People’s expectations are way higher than you can deliver.” What does that mean?
Podcasting News: Check out the Winners of the 2006 Parsec Awards for Excellence in Podcasting!
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know.
Go Social with Slice of SciFi
iTunes: Leave a Review! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/slice-of-scifi/id73331296
Keep Slice of SciFi going and growing. Please donate and help us continue bringing you the best scifi and genre related news and entertainment available. You can be a monthly contributor, or a one-time donation supporter — either way, we thank you.