- SciFi Channel may have cancelled “Stargate SG-1″, but it’s home studio MGM believes there’s lots of life left in the franchise cornerstone
- Bollywood studios are fast becoming Hollywood players
- USA Network announced a green light for Season 4 of “The 4400″. Look for 13 new episodes in summer of 2007
Movie Talk is really Game Talk this week. “Maelstrom” (published by UK’s Codemasters) is poised to be the biggest, most explosive action strategy gaming experience EVER. The multiplayer experience is part game, part Hollywood movie, and promises to take strategy gaming to the next level.
Movie Review: Joe Russo and Brandon Hill from Movietack give us a review of The Illusionist, featuring Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti and Jessica Biel, currently in theaters.
- NBC has committed to an as-yet-unnamed scifi romantic drama starring Emmy winner Kevin Falls as a man who travels back in time to correct the wrongs he has done to others.
- Kal Penn will be joining the cast of “24” as a guy who is involved with an Islamic leader running the neighborhood mosque who might be the key to a terrorist plot.
- ABC Television is developing a crime drama tentively titled, “Crime Prevention Unit,” that will be based on the British TV series “Murder Prevention” and will follow the police division as it tracks down and apprehends criminals before they are able to commit a crime.
Interview: Brian Richardson, director of Dragon*Con videography, tells Michael and Evo about Dragon*Con TV
Future Talk: What’s Coming Up?
Universal Pictures is working with Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan to bring The Prisoner to the big screem. The writing team of Janet and David Peoples has already been chosen to adapt the short-lived cult favorite The Prisoner for theaters.
Listener comments: If you have any suggestions or comments, please let us know. (Our Voicemail Number: 206-339-TREK).